Friday, February 29, 2008
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Oh, for all you blog readers....leave me some comments, its easy!
Monday, February 25, 2008
About 5 hours later, Winnie had her second "first" as we landed in Phoenix, Arizona. Still strange to Tom & I that her second state to visit was Arizona!! Its a state that we both have wanted to visit for years, how fun that we could all experience it together!
An odd one at Arizona Univ in front of Old Main...
Our drive up to the desert museum...
Some interesting facts on saguaro (cactus) that we learned...
1. they can live to be 200 years old (the little ones are about 10 years old)
2. they are made up of 90% water
3. during the rainy season their creases are spread apart and during the summer they are squeezed together like a sponge
4. woodpeckers make holes in them for a nest and the saguaro creates a "boot" which protects it from the hole
5. after the woodpecker leaves another bird will move into the "boot"
6. when it dies it leaves behinds the ribs (looks like wood)
7. the state regulates the buy/sell of them
8. before land is cleared for a home/building/road its advertised so people can come take the plants for their own homes
Does this look fuzzy to you?... Its not...After all that sight-seeing, we high-tailed it back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. It was an absolutely gorgeous day for a wedding. David & Sara looked so happy!! This was Winnie's first wedding and she loved dancing the night away (just like her mom).
On Sunday we started our trek back home...Winnie couldn't wait to sleep in her own bed again. During the trip she really started to like her pacifier and cuddling with her lovie. Here she is relaxing in the Atlanta airport waiting for our last flight home.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Oh, we are headed to Arizona for our friends Dave & Sarah's wedding. Dave and Tom were very close friends growing up and have stayed friends through the years.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Monday, February 11, 2008
She has started to move more in her crib... On Sunday morning she turned 180 degrees twice within 30minutes, and then today she was like this when I went in to get her at 8am.
Luckily she is still small enough to fit across in her crib. The biggest pain in all of this is that her movement sensor goes off when she slides down, since she is far away from it, its a nice alarm in the middle of the morning...
Friday, February 8, 2008
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Just relaxin' in the tub after a fun night at church with all the girls...
Her hair is wild...we like to have fun with it ;-)