About 5 hours later, Winnie had her second "first" as we landed in Phoenix, Arizona. Still strange to Tom & I that her second state to visit was Arizona!! Its a state that we both have wanted to visit for years, how fun that we could all experience it together!
An odd one at Arizona Univ in front of Old Main...
Our drive up to the desert museum...
Some interesting facts on saguaro (cactus) that we learned...
1. they can live to be 200 years old (the little ones are about 10 years old)
2. they are made up of 90% water
3. during the rainy season their creases are spread apart and during the summer they are squeezed together like a sponge
4. woodpeckers make holes in them for a nest and the saguaro creates a "boot" which protects it from the hole
5. after the woodpecker leaves another bird will move into the "boot"
6. when it dies it leaves behinds the ribs (looks like wood)
7. the state regulates the buy/sell of them
8. before land is cleared for a home/building/road its advertised so people can come take the plants for their own homes
Does this look fuzzy to you?... Its not...After all that sight-seeing, we high-tailed it back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding. It was an absolutely gorgeous day for a wedding. David & Sara looked so happy!! This was Winnie's first wedding and she loved dancing the night away (just like her mom).
On Sunday we started our trek back home...Winnie couldn't wait to sleep in her own bed again. During the trip she really started to like her pacifier and cuddling with her lovie. Here she is relaxing in the Atlanta airport waiting for our last flight home.