Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter...

Alright, alright, I know I'm a little late to be posting Easter pictures...its been a crazy week in the Jones' home. Please pray that little Winnie would get over her cold/cough, she is pretty good during the day but has been waking up in the night a lot (and mommy & daddy are tired!).

Her Easter dress was one of mine when I was little...
We had a very nice time visiting my family in MD for Easter. On Saturday we got in some good outlet shopping (gotta fit my after baby body..haha) and got to visit with our friends, Emily & Gregg (forgot to take a picture!!). Winnie was all smiles Easter morning when she saw the little blue bunny toy we put in her basket. She plays with this little bunny over at Liz's house so was excited to see him show up in MD! The Easter service at my family's church was very simple and to the point.... stones are very prevalent in Jesus' day (they were used to throw at people, block the entrance to where Jesus was put to rest, etc) and we were asked what would happen if we removed the stones in our lives. How profound and simple is that.... Forgot to mention at the beginning of the service the Pastor invites the kids to the front and they are each given a balloon. When the Pastor says "He has RISEN" the kids are to let them go and watch them rise to the ceiling! Winnie was awake so I took her up to share in the fun with all the other kids. After church we hung-out and then ate some amazing lamb for dinner. Monday was Tony's birthday so it was fun to stay an extra day to celebrate with him by taking him out for his birthday lunch! Got to see Eben's place (finally!)...very convenient to lots of stuff and pretty sweet inside.


Before we headed back to NC we stopped in to say hi to my mom's co-workers. They were happy to finally meet Winnie and put her to work right away (in my mom's absence, as she was off on Monday).

2 comments:

Amy said...

Too cute! That Easter hat is ADORABLE and I love that first picture the best. I've been waiting for your Easter post! Thanks for the recap and sweet pictures of your sweet girl!

Sarah said...

I LOVE her Easter outfit - sooo cute!