Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weekend fun...

Its crazy how an un-planned weekend can turn into a non-stop, jam-packed weekend as it goes along... Guess we do it to ourselves, as Tom works on finishing the bonus room and I come up with to do's! I hope in the coming weeks to show off some of Tom's handy work, so here is a taste....
The can lights went in and he will start putting up the closet walls tonight. Poor guy is trying to fit in hammering when Winnie isn't sleeping, stinks that the room is right next to hers (and our bedroom is right below it).
While he was working in the bonus room I made marinara sauce. I love cooking (especially on Sundays) and this recipe is the bomb. Kills me in the beginning though because it has 3 ONIONS that need chopped!! My good friend Stephanie (from VA) gave me a solution to the onion crying though...burn a candle next to where you are cutting, it helps to take away the smell. Of course I remembered to do this AFTER tears were rolling down my face!! It still helped the aftermath ;-)

Today I used some of the marinara sauce to make some baked ziti casseroles to freeze. Its so much easier to make 2 casseroles at the same time, so I've gotten in the habit of doing that and freezing at least one of them. Always nice to have a meal in the freezer in case someone else needs dinner too!
Winnie was a busy girl yesterday too, she ROLLED OVER!!! She keeps getting her body over and then has a hard time bringing her head with her. She is much better at spending time on her stomach (PTL!!) and is in love with her toes. Last night she was leaning forward in her bumbo trying to eat her toes, too freakin cute! Here are some pics from yesterday...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Great post!! I want your baked ziti recipe b/c it looks so yummy:). Little Winnie is going to be a rolling maching now--loved the big flower on her little bottom. Congrats to Tom--the room is really coming together!

amanda said...

Will you cook for me? ;~)

The Jones' said...

Awww thanks Amy!

Oh yes Amanda...you come to Raleigh and I will cook for you! Thanks for commenting...hehe!

Amy said...

I meant to put a rolling "machine" on that comment--oops! I'm serious about the recipe.